In a previous post I displayed my gratitude for the humble baguette, topped with roasted eggplant and chickpeas. Now with Toronto in its second lockdown, my craving for crusty carbs and sticky sweets is satisfied with a generous helping of muesli and maple syrup.
Pre-pandemic, my pantry was always stocked with granola, cinnamon, seeds and peanut butter — which makes this toast so easy to assemble. Need a bit of extra indulgence? Spread a layer (or two) of coconut oil on the baguette, then toast in the oven.
bAnana, peanut butter and granola on a toasted baguette
Cook time: 10 to 12 minutes
Assembly time: 3 to 5 minutes
Total time: 15 to 18 minutes
1 baguette, sliced
1/2 cup of granola or muesli
flax, chia or pumpkin seeds
- Spread coconut oil on the baguette slices.
- Toast for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Spread peanut butter on the toast.
- Sprinkle with granola, cinnamon and seeds.
- Top with banana slices.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Mix with other fruit such as figs and berries, and add a few sprigs of rosemary.
Note: if you’re using muesli, bake it first at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.